If you weren’t already excited for festive beauty, you will be after you’ve had a long look at this makeup look Aditi Rao Hydari wore for a recent film promotion. The look doesn’t include any of the traditional over-the-top elements you would naturally associate with the party season. But something about the soft bronze lids, velvet matte lips and overall glowing complexion (all executed by makeup artist Charlotte Wang) make it an obvious choice for festive makeup mood-boarding. Here’s how you can try the look at home.
Get the look: Aditi Rao Hydari’s bronzy lids and matte pink lips
- The first step is to prep your skin with a rich moisturiser or hydrating primer. Next, swipe a luminous-finish stick foundation like the Westman Atelier Vital Skin Foundation Stick on areas of your face that need coverage and buff the product in using a brush or a damp sponge. Pat and blend a concealer with medium to full coverage like the Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Multi Use Concealer under the eyes and on any blemishes you may want to cover. Then, set the makeup with a light layer of translucent powder, applied only on areas that tend to get oily like around the nose, the centre of the forehead, chin, etc. Also, lightly set the under eye area to make sure your concealer doesn’t crease.
- Brush your brows in place and use an eyebrow pencil to define and fill gaps in them. Once they’re filled, comb through with a tinted gel.
- For the eyes, prime your lids with some concealer. Apply a cream eyeshadow in a warm bronze-gold shade like the Charlotte Tilbury Eyes To Mesmerise in Star Gold across the lids, blended into the eye sockets. Then, use a crease brush dipped in a matte warm brown eyeshadow to define the outer corners of the lids, creating a subtle winged shape. Sweep the brush with the same brown eyeshadow along the lower lash line too to add definition.
- Curl your lashes and apply two coats of a lengthening and volumising mascara in a pure black shade like the Lancôme Grandiôse Smudgeproof Mascara in Noir Mirifique 01—focus on the top lashes and leave the bottom lashes bare. You could also enhance the effect of the mascara by adding a few individual false eyelashes in the centre and corners of the eyelids.
- To bring colour and warmth to the face, pop a blush in an earthy peach hue on the apples of the cheeks and blend the colour up, towards the temples. Then, use a rosy, shimmery highlighting powder like the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Highlighter in Pink Quartz on the high points of the cheekbones. Add a hint of it under the arches of the brows, too.
- Line your lips with a lip pencil in a pink-nude shade. Lastly, to complete the look, apply a coat or two of a velvety matte lipstick in a warm rosy hue like the Nykaa Matte-illicious Lip Crayon Lipstick in Jade Rose. Blot and apply a second coat.