From silk to satin and loose to tailored, pyjamas as daywear has been the 2016 fashion trend we’ve seen all fashion bloggers, editors and street style stars work their magic on. Boudoir elegance is no longer restricted to the bedroom!
The key is to aim for stylish luxe, not lazy loungewear. Read our top tips to help you style the trend.
- To avoid looking like you’ve just rolled out of bed, stay away from cotton fabrics. Instead, go for soft silks and shiny satin shirts
- When choosing shirts, look for distinguishable pyjama details – we’re talking side piping, an open neckline and loose sleeves.
- Play with proportions to add more interest to your outfit. An oversized pyjama inspired shirt and skinny jeans are a match made in heaven.
- Finishing the sleepwear look off with heels is a must, keeping your look polished, classy and chic.
Ways To Accessorise Your Pyjama Inspired Look
Need some ideas on how to add those finishing touches? From jewelry to coats, we’ve got you covered:
- Jewelry is a great way to dress up your outfit day or night. Offset the soft fabrics with bold earrings, a statement ring or a boyfriend watch.
- Think the whole look is too feminine? Tough it up with a gold detail statement bag or leather clutch.
- Worried about how to add cover up a co-ord? Textured coats in faux fur or a belted kimono will keep the look current and sophisticated.
- Pairing your pyjama inspired piece with a bold red lip or a pair of shades adds just the perfect touch of glam.
When To Wear The Pyjamas Trend
The pyjamas trend is both versatile and comfy, so whether you’re running errands or heading to a work meeting – we guarantee your outfit will turn heads for the right reasons!
- For brunch with the girls, team up a blush pink shirt with your favourite blue jeans and nude gladiators.
- To turn heads in a boardroom, opt for a blazer kimono with tailored trousers and a dash of red lippie.
- A night out in the town calls for a silk black pyjama inspired shirt teamed with leather trousers and killer heels.
- Shop til you drop with a loose fitting co-ord pyjama set, clean white vest and platform sandals.
Still not convinced? See how our style bloggers have made the Pyjama look their own.